Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bienvenidos, Welcome, Bienvenue and Wilkommen!

You have arrived at La Mariposa Eats, a new blog detailing my culinary adventures, in which I eat (and occasionally cook) my way around New York, Washington, other parts of America and the world.

This blog is inspired by my family, who apparently get together (and whether they put out wine and cheese and invite friends for the occasion, I don't know, but I like to imagine they do) to look at the pictures I put up on Facebook of all the interesting and delicious food and drinks I consume.

One of the most important things in life, certainly in mine, is food.  Food is fundamental, it is the way we nourish and treat ourselves.  It should be a basic human right, yet so many in this world go hungry everyday, or make do with less than what they deserve.  As with so many things I have, I try to stay mindful that I am truly blessed, and food is one of the things in my life that I am most thankful for, and one of the things that I most enjoy.

My relationship with food was complicated for such a long time.  Or rather, I let it become complicated.  I have let people convince me that food is evil and put myself through many diets over the years.  But one thing I've realized over the past few years is that food is a wonderful thing, and just like people, I can control my relationship with it.  So I decided to love it while respecting myself.  I've chosen to eat healthier than I used to, but that's not to say I don't choose a dinner of Trader Joe's chocolate covered mints once in a while.

And if anyone has really suffered for my relationship with food, it is my wallet.

With thanks and devoted love to my family and friends, I invite you to enjoy this little blog of mine.


Paella for Abuelita Tina's birthday, December 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment