Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CSA adventures - what to do with lettuce and radicchio in the same week's share?? And others....

I have to admit....lettuce every week, and beautiful at that!  But I gave up trying to get creative with it.  Steaming it Chinese takeout style was not appealing to me.  So, Saturday, I juiced my whole share with 1/2 a lemon, 2 green apples, 4 carrots and 4 celery stalks.  Pretty good.

Today, we are getting radicchio.  I am NOT making salad with it!  Ok, I am, only kind of, though.  This is what I plan to make:

                                Thank you, Epicurious.


I'm trying to get back on track with the brown-bag (or, really cute insulated lunch bag) thing in order to save money.  So tonight, I may make the above, or I may make my swiss chard with lentils on quinoa, to bring to work tomorrow.  Hmmmm.....

I'm planning on juicing the lettuce.  JA most certainly cannot make a cobbler out of that!  But, speaking of cobbler, check out the fruits we got a couple of weeks ago:



Two kinds of cherries and two kinds of plums.  We've been having fruit juice and cobbler, and out of all the apples we've gotten, JA has made pies and cakes.  No wonder I'm not losing any weight despite my best efforts during the day.  Seriously, I eat conservatively and healthfully during the day in anticipation of eating freshly baked things made with fresh fruit later on.  I'll have to rethink this little strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment