Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Macaron Cafe, how I've longed for you....

It's here!!!!  One of my all time favorite dessert spots, Macaron Cafe, has opened a new location on 3rd avenue between 46th and 47th streets, a mere block away from my place of business.  Makes for good mornings and delicious afternoon snacks.

Fortunately, it is also within view of the YMCA, where I have a membership, to remind me that I must work off the calories I've just ingested....

My love affair with macarons started when JT took me to lunch at the 59th and Madison location last September.  Since then, I've had to make do with macarons from Financier Patisserie nearby, which are good, but very hit or miss, and they have only 3 or 4 flavors.

The new location of Macaron Cafe has been under construction for months, and every day I would pass the store on my way to work, hoping that it would open the next day.  Then on my way home last Thursday, I spied its open doors.

My favorite flavors are honey lavender, matcha green tea, violet, and caramel.  So far.  They also offer very good sandwiches and salads, plus delicious egg and bacon croissants, pain au chocolat and the like for breakfast.  Excellent coffee, I might add.

The ladies who work there all wear light pink blouses with tasteful bows at the neck.  How very French!

Enjoy these pics and get yourself to Macaron Cafe!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment