Thursday, July 5, 2012

PSAs

Today, I just want to publish a few links I think are important (from Mind Body Green):

1.  The essential grocery list for clean eating.  I'm trying to eat as clean as possible these days, and that CSA is helping a lot.  Last night I grilled the kohlrabi with some leeks I bought.  Yes, leeks are my new obsession.  Tonight, I'll be cooking up the Chard we got in last week's share.

Sugar and ice cream are still worthy opponents, so maybe it is best for me to choose 2 or 3 days a week that will remain sugarless.  Note that this is just an idea I have floating around in my head as of yet.

Having a BF who bakes a lot and uses generous helpings of sugar does not help this endeavor, but oh, the fresh fruit cobblers he's making now with all the fresh plums, apples and cherries from the CSA....  So hard to pass up.  More on his cooking later.....

2.  Drink hot water and lemon first thing.  Among its many benefits, it aids digestion, and if you love to eat as much as I do, you need all the help you can get.  It also helps balance your pH, which brings me to my next link.....

3.  Read Kris Carr's article here about keeping a balanced pH.  Compelling stuff.  With help from Kris, my life coach and my BF, I have seriously cut down on soda, alcohol, red meat and coffee.  Yes, I still indulge in a weekend cup of coffee or an emergency caffeine fix, but....baby steps.....  And I have learned to never be ashamed if you DON'T WANT to do something.  I tried to completely eliminate coffee, and I did for a few months just to prove I could do it.  But I like that taste and need the occasional jolt.  So I'll have it.  Seriously, I slept for 3 hours last night.  I think I've earned that cup.


Anyway, here is a pH scale with pretty colors:



I also know a key to health is getting enough sleep.  Eight hours is usually good, but I'm thinking I need more.  I just can't bring myself to go to bed early and miss any of the fun.  Help.  Me.

PS - By the way, I do not endorse that picture of Adam Levine doing that "hey girl" face.  Just saying.  You'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment